Cadillac China sales increased 50 percent to 55,500 units during the second quarter of 2023.
Although Cadillac does not provide individual sales performance of its vehicles in China, we do have the following information:
- China regained its position as Cadillac’s largest volume market by sales volume, ahead of the United States in Q2
- The CT5 strengthens its competitive position by extending its lead as Cadillac’s most popular model in China
- The midsize sedan posted record sales of nearly 26,000 units, a dramatic 120 percent increase
- Sales of the Cadillac XT5 increased 39 percent
- Cadillac CT4 sales increased 34 percent
- The all-new Cadillac Lyriq is gaining popularity and continuing its momentum as China’s first Ultium-powered vehicle
- Product offensive consisting of the all-new GT4 crossover, all-new CT6 and updated XT4 to further boost Cadillac sales in China
During the first six months of the 2023 calendar year, Cadillac China sales increased five percent to 88,000 units.
Sales Results – Q2 2023 – China – Cadillac
|Q2 2023 / Q2 2022
|YTD 2023 / YTD 2022
Cadillac Society Take
The significant increase in China’s Cadillac sales during the second quarter of this year means that the Asian country has regained its position as the marque’s largest market by volume, having been overtaken by the United States in Q1 2023. The performance represents a drastic increase from the 32,500 units shipped in the first quarter of this year. and 18,600 more units from Q2 2022.
Although Cadillac China did not release sales results per model, the Cadillac CT5 was reported as the main driver of Q2 sales growth. The sedan performed very well, cementing its position as the best-selling brand-new vehicle in the Chinese market by achieving a very high volume of nearly 26,000 units, nearly half of Cadillac’s total sales in the quarter.
Additionally, the luxury marque shared that the Cadillac XT5 and CT4 also saw a healthy increase in registrations, though it didn’t disclose any concrete sales figures. For its part, the all-new Cadillac Lyriq appears to have posted increased sales over the previous quarter, which represents the first full quarter the electric crossover was sold in China.
Further Reading & Sales Reporting